Quality Control Specialist
The Quality Control Specialist will perform an administrative review on appraisals submitted by our contract appraisers. The Quality Control Specialist will use their knowledge and experience, as well as lender criteria to evaluate reports and determine if and when corrections or additional information is needed from the contracted appraiser. Ultimately the Quality Control Specialist is responsible for delivering completed and satisfactory appraisals to the lender.
In addition to our Key Skills & Traits, here are specific responsibilities for this opportunity:
- Monitor the queue daily: Ready for Review
- Respond to emails
- Participate in departments meetings
- Participate in developing and implementing processes to improve the appraisal process
- Perform appraisal reviews regarding methodology, consistency, technical aspects, data quality, and overall reasonableness in a timely manner consistent with deadlines/due dates
- Review all revision request to ensure they are valid and not already addressed in the report
- Ensure compliance certificates are included with all submitted reports
- Use knowledge of current appraisal systems and continuing education coursework to ensure industry best practices are being used in the appraisal process
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to access and efficiently use third-party tools
- Competent in all property types, including Multi-family, Condo, Coop, Condotel, over one-million-dollar homes, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Interest and availability to work 2nd shift hours, i.e. 1p-10p
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet the deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Team oriented
- Stable, Full-Time Career Opportunities
- Competitive salary based on experience and education
- Growth Opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision and pet insurance coverage!
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health Care Spending Account (FSA)
- 9 paid holidays
Voted one of Crain's Coolest Place to Work!
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Class Valuation will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Class Valuation does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, height, weight, familial or marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition, ancestry, citizenship status, disability or handicap, veteran status, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, team member activities and general treatment during employment.