MacMillan Associates, Inc. is currently accepting resumes for all experience levels for a Mechanical Engineer. In this position, you will be involved in the design of HVAC and plumbing systems for buildings. Project types include commercial, industrial, educational, governmental, health care and religious facilities.
- Perform heating, ventilating, air conditioning and plumbing design calculations and produce mechanical engineering designs and modifications by identifying project objectives and issues
- Researching and developing mechanical engineering techniques, codes and approaches
- Work closely with senior engineering staff performing routing engineering tasks including 3D modeling, calculations, field work, cost estimating, specification writing, construction document generation and shop drawing review while wok ring for a wide variety of clients and projects
- Work as part of a project team and other in-house disciplines including structural and electrical
- Meet with clients/architects for coordination, design reviews, etc
- Perform AutoCAD or Revit drafting or work with and providing direction to drafting staff to produce construction documents and drawings including review and mark-up of drawings to reflect finalized design
- Assist client with construction administration by coordinating pre-bid meetings, pre-construction meetings, responding to requests for information and change orders
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited university
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Drivers license, motor vehicle and ability to travel
- Work full-time 40 + hours per week
- Computer skills: 2D or 3D design software (AutoCAD or Revit), MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Preferred Candidates will have experience in the following areas:
- Five years + design experience specific to HVAC and plumbing in new and existing buildings
- HVAC control systems
- Energy modeling (Trane Trace 700 or 3D, Carrier HAP)
- FE/EIT or PE
About MacMillan Associates, Inc.
We are a multi-disciplined general practice consulting engineering firm specializing in structural, mechanical, industrial and electrical engineering services. We deliver innovative, executable and valuable solutions to our clients for planning and construction of new buildings, renovations and infrastructure life cycle management. Our approach to consulting begins with communication and the development of a team atmosphere within our office as well as with our clients.