Under supervision of the rehabilitation supervisor, implements medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs (i.e. heat, water, exercise, electricity, etc.) directed toward relieving pain and/or restoring or maintaining physical function.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Works in conjunction with the inter-disciplinary team to coordinate rehabilitation services for participants at PACE Southeast Michigan. Assists in coordinating twenty four hour service.
- Performs participant assessments, plan of care, treatment, discharge planning and collaboration with other health care providers.
- Documents all care given to participants in accordance with department standard and submits to medical records in a timely fashion.
- Maintains clinical records, statistics, Data PACE and related forms timely and accurately.
- Actively participates in professional associations, educational programs and in-service education.
- May delegate and direct the activities of support staff (Physical Therapy Assistant & Rehabilitation Technician) providing necessary communication and guidance to those support providers.
- Complete initial and periodic assessments including home and facility assessments as needed. Complete assessments prior to care conference of participants.
- Communicate participant changes to team members and document in plan of care.
- Performs other related duties a determined by Rehabilitation Manager and site assignments, which may include aspects of program development and quality improvement projects.
- Maintains clinical productivity standards.
- Maintains awareness of participant safety issues within the clinic and in use of equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Physical Therapy degree (Bachelor, Master or Doctoral).
- Current State of Michigan licensure.
- Must have one (1) year of experience with a frail or elderly population.
- Physical ability to constantly exercise, lift patients, push wheelchairs and move equipment.