Founded in 1974, Networks Northwest facilitates and manages various programs and services for the 10 counties of Northwest Michigan. Our primary service categories are: talent, business, and community. Every team needs someone to pay attention to details and advance the good work we do every day. That is why we need you as a Program Specialist!
Here’s the challenge:
Assist in the facilitation of talent development programs intended to connect adults, youth, and dislocated workers to education, employment, and training opportunities throughout the region; provide program-specific and administrative support for agency programs; assist in the design and implementation of programmatic initiatives and requirements.
A person in this position can expect to perform the following functions:
- Cultivate programmatic expertise;
- Assist in the design and support of systems that ensure timely and accurate program implementation and reporting;
- Assist in the development and dissemination of federal, state and local policy related to workforce programs, providing technical assistance to staff as needed;
- Assist with contract development and management;
- Participate in statewide training, work groups, and other activities;
- Support and assist the Regional Operations Manager.
What we need from you:
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, required; Associates Degree, or equivalent, preferred;
- Eye for detail with the ability to track, organize and maintain detailed records;
- Capacity to manage multiple projects concurrently;
- A creative thinker and problem solver;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team;
- Ability to convey instructions, procedures, and processes in an understandable manner;
- Comfortable with technology, and demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office products;
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and insurable to drive agency vehicles.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position with a starting annual salary of $38,000, and includes the agency’s generous fringe benefits package (for example: medical, optical and dental insurance; paid vacation and sick time; and eleven paid holidays).