Fordsell Machine Products
Packaging and Shipping Clerk Job Description
Primary Responsibilities This position has three functions: 1. Accurately packing parts for finished goods inventory, 2. Preparing and executing shipments (and shipping documents) to customers, 3. Preparing and receiving shipments to and from suppliers by issuing purchase orders.
Expected approach: Work in a safe manner at all times. Be able to work with all members of the Fordsell team and external organizations. Be organized and detail-oriented. Be able to manage one's own time to meet numerous and sometimes conflicting demands of the business. Request assistance as needed to complete objectives. Use the Fordsell ERP system for this assignment.
- Pack parts for inventory in preparation for shipment and enter data in ERP. Pack to empty the queue on a weekly basis. All pertinent data to be validated (count, part number, revision, shop order etc.) when identifying inventory. Box weight to be 35 lb maximum. Packing to be done per process instructions and documents. This involves various materials (box size or style, internal dividers or materials, use of plastic trays and covers, etc.).
- Ship parts to meet customer due dates. Use Fordsell ERP reports to aid this responsibility. Ensure accurate shipments and documentation to customers. Use FIFO method to relieve inventory and replenish inventory accordingly.
- Ship parts to customer via UPS, LTL truck, FedX customer truck, our delivery using online tools.
- Maintain finished goods inventory with a high degree of accuracy and in an orderly manner.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner throughout the day and at end of day. Keep management informed of facility or equipment malfunctions.
- Work with Fordsell quality control personnel to move product to finished goods and to outside suppliers in a timely manner. May issue purchase orders to suppliers.
- Operate Fordsell electric fork lift truck to load and unload Fordsell truck, LTL truck, vendor truck and customer truck, as required. (Training and authorization will be provided).
- Maintain inventory of shipping supplies (boxes, dividers, trays, covers, tape etc.) and order as needed.
Other duties based on skill:
- Operate company truck in a safe and legal manner for pickups and deliveries as required. Secure signatures at time of delivery (may collect payment). Maintain communication with Fordsell when on the road.
- Assist management with truck maintenance and scheduling; notify management of any unsafe condition with the vehicle.
- May coordinate/communicate with suppliers for timely pickup and delivery. Assist management with supplier expediting.