Post Hardwoods Inc. is a Sawmill located in Hamilton, Michigan, currently looking to fill a First Shift, Full Time Head Sawyer position. We offer Competitive Pay, Group Health Insurance and 401k with company matching available.
Qualified applicants can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (269) 751-2221 Monday through Friday between 7:00am to 3:30pm
Hardwood Lumber Sawyer Summary
This is a great opportunity for an individual with prior sawyer experience. This person would manufacture green hardwood lumber from logs using state of the art carriages and scanning equipment (Lumber Pro with Lewis Scanning). Must be able to determine optimum opening face to maximize value and fulfill cutting orders and production requirements.
Hardwood Lumber Sawyer Responsibilities:
- Determine and execute optimum cutting pattern for breaking down logs
- Communicate with lumber inspectors, machine operators and maintenance to ensure a consistent flow of quality lumber
- Ability to operate or learn to operate edger
Hardwood Lumber Sawyer Qualifications:
- Ability to accurately apply NHLA rules to maximize grade recovery from logs
- Must be safety and quality oriented
- Two (2) years of hardwood grade sawing experience preferred - this is not an entry level position
- Experience grading green lumber preferred