MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America, Europe and Asia, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
The basic function of the TIG Welder position is to weld & fabricate very thin Stainless Steel, Chromoly, Inconel, Aluminum, and Titanium Engine Components. This individual will use hand-welding equipment to join metal components or seams of fabricated aerospace parts to customer specification. Must have sufficient understanding of the functional operation of the items to make minor modifications if necessary. May perform some trouble-shooting and rework of production items. Must be able to work from complex and detailed blueprints and/or verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision.
This position will also be responsible for EB Weld operations, cross training will be provided for the right candidate. The EB Welder performs Electro Beam Welding in accordance with internal work instructions, applicable specifications and weld schedules.
This position will be in our Warren, MI facility and report to the Operations Weld Supervisor.
· Prepare materials for welding; cuts, grinds and cleans metal.
· Read weld blueprints, engineered drawings, and follow work order requirements.
· Set up the welding machine for specific materials, thicknesses, and positions
· using complicated weld fixtures and weld positioner (turntable)
· Dimensionally inspects welds and other characteristics of parts being welded using tools such as calipers, protractors, and gauges.
· Inspects all parts for proper assembly and cosmetic defects. Tags any non-conforming parts with re-work labels
· Work outside department as required, primarily in belt and hand grinding
· Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules and within standard times
· Follow all safety guidelines and wears all Personal Protective Equipment
· Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to MB Aerospace’s internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
· High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is required
· 1 year of solid general computer skills required, proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel in particular, being proficient in math skills required
· 1 year of basic welding and metallurgy required
· Read, interpret, and process to work instructions
· Capable of using all standard bench tools and gauges required for setup, inspection, and welding of assemblies including calipers, height gauges, micrometers, and microscopes
· Capable of operating computer-controlled machines and making program adjustments as required
· Cut, polish, etch and evaluate pre-weld acceptance samples, quarterly process control samples, and filament change control samples
· Complete logs, check sheets, job orders, and other paperwork for each job performed
· Preventive maintenance of EB weld machine including pumping system and filament changes
· Support Welding Engineers in development of process schedules
· Maintain a neat and orderly workstation and promote overall good housekeeping practices
· Excellent written and verbal communication skill
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office tools
· Must have a valid US Passport
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120 - 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R. parts 730 – 774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.