MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America, Asia and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
The Quality Manager is responsible for the operational quality functions including: Internal/External Audit, Inspection, CMM Programming, Gauge Crib and NDT. The Quality Manager will be responsible for driving metrics to improve operational performance in the Quality areas to meet customer requirements. Reporting to the Quality Manager will be the Quality Engineers, NDT Department (Warren Only), Gauge Technicians, CMM Inspection & Programming and the Final Inspection department.
This position sits in Warren, MI and will report to the General Manager.
· Maintain AS9100 Certification & NADCAP Certification
· Manage external customer audits
· Manage Customer Scorecard Information for accuracy with the customer
· Maintain Customer Escape (nonconformance) Concerns
· Drive metrics for the Quality Department. Metrics include but not limited to: RFT @ inspection, Customer Escapes, Supplier Escapes & First Piece Approval turn times.
· Manage MRB (Material Review Board) incoming and outgoing. Drive Root Cause & Corrective Action as required
· Must have knowledge of gauging techniques and inspection methods used in machining industry.
· First point of contact for all quality personnel on the shop floor
· Coordinate cross functional training of all inspectors
· Ensure First Article Inspections are performed for all current part number & NPI
· Manage overtime, work schedules and DWI in the quality operations cell
· Establish and maintain KPI’s for inspection/NDT processes. Conduct root cause corrective action investigations in conjunction with applicable personnel for any inspection/NDT turn backs
· Actively support CI activity and drive improvements in the facility
· Work with CI manager to eliminate work stoppages caused by Quality related non-conformances
· Present information as required to Quality Council and Monthly Management meeting as appropriate
· Network with Quality Aviation Professionals inside MB and within the CT/MA area to broaden understanding of best practices in the industry
· Ensures adherence to applicable MB Aerospace internal, federal, state and local laws and regulations related to compliance and takes responsibility to ensure ongoing conformity with such rules and regulations.
· Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline required and 5+ years in a Quality Manager role. Overall 10 years of relevant experience
· Having extensive knowledge of customer specifications and Aerospace standards is preferred
· Must have experience in APQP core tools and PPAP
· Experience in leading Root Cause & Corrective Action projects and programs
· Must be proficient in the use of all gauges and inspection methods
· Experience leading and developing a quality organization
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
· Ability to read and interpret processes, procedures, and governmental regulations, write reports, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and compliance agencies
· Ability to use technology effectively and efficiently to manage workload
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and ability to create documents, reports and briefing materials in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Must have a valid US Passport
· Ability to travel up to 25% as needed
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120 - 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R. parts 730 – 774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.
MB Aerospace is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
***No Third Party Vendors***