AMT is a systems integrator and turnkey controls solutions provider. We’re in aerospace, alternative energy, food and beverage, rubber and plastics, automotive, material handling, error proofing, and pretty much anywhere automation is used.
As a member of the AMT Team you can expect:
- Excellent medical benefits including vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) with company match and option for ROTH
- Company-paid Long Term Disability insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid vacation/personal time off
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities to be exposed to new industries and applications
Mechanical design and engineering of material handling, machine tending, and custom automation lines including special machines and tooling for the automotive, aerospace, and general industries. An AMT Mechanical Designer/ Leader is responsible for the conceptual design and detail of unique automation systems with special attention to robotic based cells both individually or leading a team of designers.
Regular responsibilities include:
- Automation cell and machine/tool design including concept, design, detail, layout, and full checking
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Work closely with the project team and the customer to design the automation to meet the mutually agreed upon specifications while maintaining schedules and profitability. This includes providing necessary internal support for the assembly team and programmers.
- Facilities layout with 2D and 3D CAD modeling of automation systems
- May include some project management duties as appropriate
- Participate in internal and customer design review meetings
- Organizing and maintaining CAD files
- Use of customer standards
- Travel to customer site as needed (minimal)
- Meet deadlines without compromising the integrity of the project or safety.
- Maintaining a professional and positive relationship with customers and suppliers.
- Participate in formal and informal design review meetings between electrical engineering, programmers and the assembly team, as required.