Under limited direction, the Sr. Loan Review Analyst will use various analytical tools and specific loan file review techniques to validate the effectiveness of management’s loan grading system, process of identifying problem loans, and ability to quantify the level of risk associated with emphasis on the commercial loan portfolio and loan grading system.
• Periodic sampling of commercial loan files providing validation of assigned loan grades by assessing the customer’s financial condition, completeness of loan file documentation and compliance with the Bank’s lending policies, related operating procedures, and regulatory guidelines. Ensure all assigned credits are appropriately graded prior to origination, renewal or material change. Compile all monthly and quarterly reports. Review of all TDRs and loan grade change requests to ensure the integrity of the loan grading system.
• Attend Officer Loan Committee meetings, Board Loan Committee meetings, and charge off committee meetings. Review Administrative Loan Reports and attend ALR Committees on a monthly basis, thereby improving loan structure and reducing the Bank’s risk exposure. From an independent perspective, recommend changes in structure to improve the Bank’s position or strengthen the credit. Provide guidance to the commercial lenders through this process and as lenders raise questions throughout the lending process.
• Monthly review of watch list, classified and problem loan listings and specific file reviews and assessments where warranted. Document exceptions and follow-up to ensure resolution. Perform periodic analytical review of loan quality indicators (i.e. delinquent loan, watch list, loan extensions, concentrations of credit, significant lines of credit, out-of market loans) for the bank with the objective of refining specific loan review activities and highlighting concerns for senior management.
• Primary support to the Chief Risk Officer related to complex commercial situations when litigation is threatened or a complaint is escalated to the regulators. Other duties as assigned. Training and development.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
• Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in commercial lending techniques and practices. General knowledge and understanding of retail lending techniques and practices.
• Excellent analytical ability.
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills along with the ability to effectively listen and interface with bank personnel, appropriate management personnel and third party professionals.
• Ability to effectively utilize word processing and spreadsheet software applications as well as bank mainframe computer applications.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 3 or more years of commercial lending experience.