Project Engineer, Zeeland, MI --
We are currently searching for a Project Engineer to add to our Zeeland Engineering team. This is an internal, full time role.
DISHER is a nationally-recognized product development and business consulting firm with offices in Zeeland, Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin sketch through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development. DISHER also assists clients with business solutions and Talent identification and attraction. Check out more about what we do at https://disher.com/about/
- Lead a variety of project engineering, capital equipment, facilities, shutdown, and continuous improvement projects for multiple customers in various industries.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate plant relocations and expansions.
- Establish, coordinate, and manage project schedules and plant shutdowns.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Engineering, Design, Facilities, Manufacturing, Quality, Production, Maintenance, and Management personnel.
- Consistently track and communicate project status, critical path, changes, milestones, and stage gates through the utilization of Gantt charts, and other project tools.
- Manage requirements, approvals, and plans at all phases that coordinate and account for operations, hand-offs, inspections, safety, layouts, bid solicitations, constraints, etc.
- Identify and problem-solve gaps and delays at every phase and across multiple projects.
- Provide input on the selection of outside vendors to optimally meet cost, timing, and quality objectives.
- Utilize problem solving techniques to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, manufacturing or industrial engineering (or equivalent engineering degree)
- 7 + experience as a project engineer successfully leading teams of engineers and contractors
- Experience managing capital projects, working alongside construction and facilities teams
- Experience purchasing, and justifying capital equipment
- Experience performing manufacturing cost calculations and managing cost reduction projects
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Competence in engineering design and 3D CAD
- Knowledge and application of quality management tools / statistical techniques such as DFMEA and DOE
- Ability to use statistical and analysis tools such as Excel, FEA software, Minitab/Matlab
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Work with minimal direction, as well as consult with customers, providing excellent leadership and communication
- Exceptional initiative and work ethic
- Be currently legally authorized to work in the United States of America for any employer without restrictions or expirations
- Pharmaceutical / food manufacturing experience
- Experience with GMP’s, HACCP’s, OSHA, FDA, USDA general requirements
- Experience with clean rooms and food / pharmaceutical processing
- Experience working with new designs, equipment fabrication, line layouts, and line balancing
- Microsoft Project experience
DISHER is truly and simply a cool place to work. The teams are supportive, skilled, and passionate. Our culture is rooted in innovation and our mission is to make a positive difference with our teammates, our customers, and our community. The work motto at DISHER tends to be “Work Hard - Play Hard.” The teams at DISHER are diligent with their projects and truly enjoy the company of their peers. Hear more from DISHER team members at https://disher.com/about/culture/
Keywords: project engineer, capital projects, equipment, mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, pharmaceutical, pharmacy, food, processing, facilities, clean room, 3D CAD, statistical analysis