Payroll/Personnel Clerk – Twin City Foods, Inc.
Twin City Foods has grown to become one of the nation’s largest independent processors of frozen vegetables. For over 60 years, Twin City Foods has been committed to growing, harvesting, processing, freezing, packaging, and distributing the highest quality quick frozen vegetable (IQF) products.
As a Twin City Foods (Lake Odessa Division) Payroll/Personnel Clerk, you will work closely with the Human Resource Manager and numerous Managers’ on key functions for the hourly employees to include but not limited to payroll, union enrollment, vacation, attendance, and various projects throughout the day to day operations in the plant.
Payroll/Personnel Clerk should have experience in:
- Operating an hourly payroll system (Kronos experience beneficial).
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of Excel and Word).
- Good reading and comprehension skills.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment (adding machine, copier/scanner, fax, and postage).
*Selected employee will be required to pass a pre-employment background check, drug screening and E-Verify
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collecting necessary data to process an accurate payroll.
- Inputting direct deposits in a timely manner.
- Process employee deductions or revisions in a timely manner.
- Maintain employee personnel records.
- Complete vacation/floating holiday requests as submitted.
- Sort and distribute payroll checks.
- Aid in the completion of new hire paperwork and complete I-9 verification for all new hires.
- Answering and directing incoming phone calls.
- Greeting visitors.
Preferred Education /Training/Certification Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED and/or one year experience in a payroll atmosphere.
- Competitive Wages ($16-$20/hr)
- Non-Exempt position (Eligible for Overtime)
Twin City Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at 616-374-8837 ext. 5311 or at email@example.com.