Arrow Staffing in Kentwood has an 2nd and 3rd shift openings for hardworking, dependable workers who can handle a fast-paced work environment. CNC Machinist/Programmer. This position requires standing for long durations. Will regularly be exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise, as well as, lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Operate a variety of equipment types such as Allen Bradley, Mazak, Hurco, Haas, manual lathes, drill presses, saws, CNC, etc.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Utilize tools such as micrometers, calipers, indicators, depth gauges, bore gauges, height gauges, etc. to accurately check and inspect machined components.
- Inspect first piece parts.
- Create quality parts and be able to QC your own work.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to confirm placement of cuts.
- Demonstrated ability to setup a machine and run the job with minimal supervision.
- Work in a safe manner and follow safety policies and procedures.
- High school diploma OR equivalent
- 1 year of CNC machining Experience preferred
- 2 years programming experience
- Knowledge/experience with micrometers, calipers, indicators, depth gauges, bore gauges, height gauges, ruler
- Ability to follow basic written and verbal instructions, such as blueprints, work orders, assignments
- Ability to use calipers and micro-meters is required.
- Experience with lathes, drill presses, saws, CNC, and/or knee milling machines is a plus.
- Basic geometric tolerancing and dimensioning skills, ability to read blueprints.
- Basic math and computing skills.
- Must be able to frequently lift/push/pull objects that weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand entire shift.
Building your career. Building relationships. Arrow Staffing puts talented people to work. Get started today!
Enjoy the opportunity to work with some of the Grand Rapids, Michigan Metropolitan area businesses!
Temp to Hire and Direct Hire positions available.
Positions are located within the area
For Job Listings: https://jobs.arrowstaffing.com/Jobs
*Must be able to pass background check and drug screen*