For almost 50 years, Rassey Industries has been a leading producer of CNC-machined components for the automotive and transportation industry.
We are looking for a Material Handler that can multi-task and SAFELY, conscientiously handle responsibilities that include:
- Running Saw Room Operations – Loading and handling the material.
- Overhead crane operation – lifting and manipulating very large, very heavy loads of steel bars.
- Retrieve materials by locating and verifying materials; stack and secure materials on pallets or ; moving materials to the designated area or the transportation vehicle.
- Maintains safe work environment by watching out for foot traffic; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps forklift operating by following operating instructions; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Operate Forklift in a safe and efficient and manner.
- Load transportation vehicles, including van trailers, flat bed, or gondola trailers; stack and secure materials in transportation vehicles.
- Maintains shipping records and incoming/outgoing material as required.
- Actively participate in the identification, development, and implementation of best practices
- Actively participate in training and safety programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED Required
- SAFE Forklift Operating Experience Required
- SAFE Overhead Crane Operating Experience
- Valid Driver's License Required - Chauffer's license with good driving record
- Veterans are encouraged to apply
- 1+ year material handling and/or forklift experience - Must have forklift certification current
- Manage multiple tasks, work independently and meet deadlines.
- All candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Has worked in positions without continuous direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to manage their own time and independently complete tasks.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- Forklift / HILO: 1 year (Required)
- Overhead Crane: 1 year (Required)
- Stake Truck or Box Truck: 1 year (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- 10 hour shift