Employee Type: Full time
Location: MI Wayland
Job Type: Production Operations
Job Posting Title: Production/Forklift Operator
Essential Job Functions :
* Must have excellent sit down forklift driving experience. Follow assigned job duties as required by production needs.
* Follow all safety rules and regulations, perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner, and wear all required personal protective equipment, including but not limited to steel-toe safety shoes and hearing protection in designated areas.
* Follow all good manufacturing practices and be responsible for the cleanliness of immediate work area and contribute to the overall cleanliness of the facility.
* Work in all areas of the facility, both inside and outside, and on all floors in the facility.
* Sort pallets and distribute them into the proper areas.
* Be available to work any shift, overtime, holidays and weekends as production requires.
* Obtain and maintain a valid forklift operator's license at all times and operate the forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
* During periods of downtime, will consult with workin g leader or supervisor for assignment of job duties to be performed.
* Communicate concerns/issues/problems to supervisor/co-workers in a timely and professional manner.
* Responsible for recognizing and reporting food safety and/or quality issues to supervisor and/or manager.
* Possess and maintain a good attendance and work record.
* Lock out and tag out any equipment as required for repair and/or internal cleaning.
* Assist and/or train with others when needed and perform other duties as assigned.
* Pay varies by specific position and ranges between $19.19 - $20.65 per hour. Bay Valley Foods also offers a competitive benefits package with medical, dental and vision coverage as well as 401K, profit share and much more. Must possess a valid high school diploma or GED. Must be able to fluently read and write English.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.