At Perrigo our mission is clear: To make lives better by bringing Quality, Affordable Self-Care Products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. With over $5 billion in sales and more than 10,000 people working around the world, Perrigo Company is a leading global Self-Care supplier. We develop, manufacture, package and distribute over-the-counter pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, active pharmaceutical ingredients and consumer products. With over five million square feet of FDA-approved manufacturing facilities, Perrigo offers a broad line of store-brand products that contain the same active ingredients as the advertised brand products--and we're the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market.
Perrigo is hiring for Distribution positions at their Holland, MI location – mainly roles that will be driving our Powered Industrial Equipment. As positions become available, a member of the Talent Acquisition team will reach out to candidates that possess the skills and background that meet the specific position requirements. The shifts for these positions vary, but will be one of the following: 2nd, 3rd or Weekend rotation. Perrigo offers competitive wages, including off shift premiums, as well as a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, a comprehensive wellness program with an onsite fitness center, tuition reimbursement, holiday/vacation time, paid time off and more!
- Reporting to the Distribution Supervisor, responsibilities primarily include receiving incoming product, picking customer orders and loading trucks for shipment to customers.
- Duties consist of extensive driving of Powered Industrial Equipment (forklifts, order pickers, dock trucks) and considerable physical activity (repetitive bending, lifting and twisting).
- A High School diploma (or G.E.D.) is required as is an excellent attendance record and work history. A strong mechanical aptitude highly preferred. All candidates must have the ability to work 40 hours per week with availability for overtime when necessary. Candidates must also be available to train on other shifts.
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs continuously, up to 30 lbs frequently, and up to 50 lbs occasionally – and also be willing to work on lifts over 20 feet above ground and the capability of obtaining a Perrigo forklift license within 30 working days.
- Must be able to complete core skills within 1 month or 30 days. Basic computer skills; point & click, ability to navigate through computer-based training systems. Basic math and reading/comprehension skills.
- Understands & values safety, teamwork, the importance of quality, and attention to detail in work.
- Ability to follow direction and Perrigo’s standard operating procedures.
- It is a requirement that all Specialists can stand for the length of their shift, with breaks every 2 hours, which will amount to approximately 85% of the total shift spent standing.
- Must be able to stoop or bend, reach laterally, and overhead occasionally.
- Be able to see, hear and understand signs, labels, and instructions. This may include having vision (corrected or uncorrected) that meets the requirements of a valid driver’s license.
- If the operator does not possess a valid driver’s license, they will be evaluated for vision and other appropriate physical requirements. Must have eye, hand, and feet coordination.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.