This is a hybrid position, both in-office and remote.
Delta Dental of Michigan may be required to comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and orders regarding COVID-19 workplace safety protocols. This includes compliance with any applicable federal, state, or local COVID-19 vaccination, masking, social distancing, and/or other workplace safety guidance.
If and/or when such COVID-19 workplace safety laws, regulations, or orders become effective, Delta Dental of Michigan reserves the right to require all employees, as a term and condition of employment, to comply with such requirements. This may include adherence to workplace safety measures such as masking or social distancing, or to provide proof of vaccination, become vaccinated, or obtain approved medical or religious accommodation in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, or orders.
Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana is a leader in dental benefits, plus so much more.
We improve oral health through benefit plans, advocacy and community support, and our corporate giving builds healthy, smart, vibrant communities for all. We devote our time, talents and financial resources to improve oral and overall health, and we invest in initiatives that support youth, education, workforce and economic development.
We are a force for good--part of the reason why employees find working at Delta Dental fulfilling. Delta Dental companies nationwide comprise the Delta Dental Plans Association, which provides coverage to more than 83 million Americans and operates two of the nation's largest networks of participating dentists. For more, visit www.deltadentalmi.com and www.vibrantcommunities.com, and apply online at www.deltadentalmi.com/careers.
To implement, monitor, configure, and provide administration of the Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other network infrastructure systems, including but not limited to Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and Load Balancers.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Administers switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, and VPN infrastructure across the Enterprise.
- Primary administrator and Level 2 approver for all network change management activities or functions including the security/subnets/Vlans/cabling infrastructure to support eCommerce and other Internet or internal systems. Configures trunk groups and virtual switches for various virtual server systems.
- Administers network-based services such as wireless, workstation security agents/VPN, access control, intrusion detection, firewall, load balancer and SD-WAN optimization services.
- Administers TCP/IP on the network including design and tracking of the IP infrastructure and DHCP systems. Level 2 responder to Network related Incidents.
- Performs administrative functions to ensure viable production environment including bandwidth monitoring, syslog, and content filtering.
- Analyzes bandwidth monitoring, content filtering, and syslog monitoring data to assist with recommendations, incident response, and problem resolution.
- Utilizes platform based hypervisors to monitor, tune and/or resolve data network anomalies.
- Advocates and works with other teams to build teamwork.
- Provides input into needs for new processes, procedures, and Work Instructions.
Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.