This position is responsible for engineering and designing technically sound products that meet customer specifications and can be manufactured cost effectively within time and budget constraints.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulates plans and proposals for the design, development, qualification and engineering release of new or improved products, processes or vendors.
- Design technically sound products, using Siemens NX CAD, that meet customer specifications and can be manufactured cost effectively.
- Coordinate projects through completion by meeting time and budget restraints
- Resolved engineering, designing, manufacturing and application problems as they arise
- Manages new product launch activities from project inception through production validation
- Reports on product launch status throughout project life cycle
- Develops technical analysis and specifications for given vehicle applications
- Process engineering changes to existing designs
- Perform customer CDX translations
- Comply with all company policies
- Act as technical advisor for Sales, Engineering, manufacturing, vendors and the customers on technical application and engineering issues
- Assists in resolution of warranty problems
- Provides technical information for product reliability and litigation
- Assist in generation procedures/standards for the Siemens NX CAD system
- Design models for finite element analysis