Director of Operations - 066335
Director of Operations - Milan, MI
Georgia-Pacific is recruiting a Director of Operations to lead our corrugated converting operations in Milan, MI. The Milan Director of Operations is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manufacturing leader.
The Director of Operations will lead the Milan team of 100 salaried and hourly union employees in environmental and safety standards and create a culture of safety, compliance as well as Principled Entrepreneurship®. Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate others to contribute at the highest level are a must.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Advancing our company culture, Market Based Management
* Identifying and aligning operational priorities with commercial business vision - ensure production and delivery of the highest quality products at the lowest costs, consistent with customer requirements, company plans and profit objectives
* Provide strategic leadership and coaching to employees through a shared vision for the operation.
* Develop knowledge systems and measurements that help the business make profitable decisions.
* Effectively manage and advance all aspects of manufacturing - Safety & Health, Environmental, Reliability, Quality, Productivity, Cost, Yield, Compliance and Capital/Maintenance Investment
* Develop an understanding of the current state, the desired future state, develops and executes plans and strategies to close the gaps.
* Identify, understand and adopt relevant best practices to advance faster than the competition
* Develop, lead and coach teams for maximum engagement and participation in pursuit of objectives and goals.
* Direct and indirect responsibilities for salary and hourly operation employees, including development of roles/responsibilities/expectations, performance reviews and compensation evaluations for each individual employee
* Influencing, interfacing, and gaining credibility across a wide range of levels:
* Executive (GP management team, senior leadership, external customers)
* Direct reports, Supervisors and front-line employees
* Commercial/sales employees
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.