The barista (part-time, approximately 25 hour work week) will be responsible for operating the Flagstar Bank Crafted Cup under the We Proudly Serve Starbucks program. The barista will be responsible for creating an outstanding experience for all customers through exceptional customer service. This position will be responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment that encourages customers to return. The barista will assist the Crafted Cup Manager in reaching sales and profit goals that are established, including monitoring established quality assurance standards.
Customer Service and Order Fulfillment— Greet customers and ask questions to determine their needs. Take customer orders and efficiently and accurately prepare and serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or tea. Prepare and serve all ordered foods such as cookies, muffins, biscotti, or bagels. Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized as ordered, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients, or substituted ingredients. Process transactions for payment of goods (cash and non-cash transactions) in an accurate and efficient manner in accordance with all guidelines. Assist with customer questions and/or issues relating to their experience.
Crafted Cup Operations—Complete all assigned tasks and duties during shift to ensure smooth operations of the Crafted Cup, including but not limited to cleaning of equipment, opening and closing procedures, cash counting and completing deposits, counting and maintaining inventory, and maintaining a clean and safe environment.
* HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent Required
* 1+ year of customer service with 6+months cash handling required, barista experience preferred
* Welcome and establish relationships by getting to know every customer in order to provide an outstanding customer experience.
* Ability to learn quickly
* Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
* Strong interpersonal skills including listening, verbal, and written communication
* Strong sense of customer focus and customer service
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Demonstrated ability to follow company policies, guidelines and procedures
* Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task