Are you looking for an internship where you will work with a group of dynamic insurance professionals who are committed to social responsibility, making workplaces safe, and making a difference? If so, consider building your skills and starting your career with AF Group!
Interns will work with employees throughout the organization to forward business objectives in the areas of insurance operations and corporate functions. Interns will gain exposure to agents, policyholders, health care providers, claimants, attorney and other AF Group staff and customers, as directed by business needs. Diverse knowledge of insurance company operations will be beneficial.
Working with AF Group or one of our brands is more than a job. It is a career at one of the most dynamic, innovative and successful workers' compensation companies in the nation.
Multiyear winner of "Best Place to Work" by Business Insurance Magazine our culture is one of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement, all focused around our customers. AF Group and its subsidiaries carry a long-standing reputation for having a positive workplace culture that includes open communication and a commitment to inclusion and innovation. We have created an exceptional environment that provides strong compensation and benefits including tuition support and flexible work schedules.
* Performs duties related to the Predictive Modeling department
* Projects include ad hoc data analysis, business process workflow analysis and documentation.
* Prepares and delivers presentation(s) on assigned topic(s).
* Attends unit, departmental, and corporate meetings as assigned.
* Shows learning and both personal and professional growth and understanding of responsibilities.
* Gains an understanding of how Accident Fund Holdings, Inc. runs and how Workers Compensation Insurance works.
* Shows punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude when completing assignments.
* Manages multiple deadlines.
* Completes miscellaneous assignments as assigned.
* Uses company software applications to complete assignments.
* Maintains confidentiality.
* Responds to internal and external customer inquiries.
* Performs other related duties which may not be specifically listed in the po sition description, but which are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's class of work.
* Have status as a sophomore, junior or senior as of the end of the spring term (or be enrolled in an applicable graduate program).
* Hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better as of the most recent grading period.
* Be able to work full-time during normal business hours for this summer.
* Be available to begin employment between mid-May and mid-June.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
* Currently enrolled and active in any educational degree program. Preference will be given to those individuals currently enrolled in and majoring in one of the following degree programs: Business Administration, Applied Math and Statistics, Economics or related field.
With proper education credentials no experience necessary. Previous work experience preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with SQL a plus.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent working knowledge of computers and company standard software; Internet research experience strongly preferred.
* Ability to proofread documents for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
* Ability to perform necessary mathematical computations.
* Ability to comprehend consequences of various situations and make appropriate individuals aware of same for decision making.
* Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts and other information.
* Ability to establish work flows, manage multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines while maintaining composure during stressful situations occurring as a result of workloads and/or deadlines.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimal skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this position description. The qualifications should not be viewed as absolute standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered with other position-related criteria.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.