Responsible for sorting and identifying documentation received via e-mail, fax, etc. for distribution to Business Development Service Center and Premium Audit. Responsible for answering the main switchboard and routing incoming calls. Perform entry level clerical duties. Primary contacts include other departmental personnel and callers to Accident Fund.
ADDITIONAL BDS II SUMMARY:
Primarily responsible for assigning work coming into unit and monitoring completion to ensure timeliness. Also responsible for answering the main switchboard and routing incoming calls. Performs entry level clerical duties. Trains new hires. Primary contacts include other departmental personnel and callers to Accident Fund.
* Sorts, identifies and distributes work based on established assignments
* Tickets work for Service Center and Premium Audit staff in system by sorting and ticketing emails, faxes, paper mail and various documents
* Delivers mail to internal Service Center and Premium Audit staff
* Accesses external web sites to retrieve work for distribution
* Runs internal reports to retrieve work for distribution and generate loss histories
* Enters data into the computer system and accesses general policy information
* Provides loss history information to internal and external customers
* Reviews, sorts, and prepares coded document for imaging
* Uploads images of document to document management system
* Receives incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate person
* Performs other clerical duties, as time permits
ADDITIONAL PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR BDS II:
* Reviews, prioritizes, and assigns work coming in to the BD Support Unit.
* Monitors completion of daily assignments to ensure timeliness.
* Provides individual and group training for BD Support Staff.
* Orients new employees to the departmental and unit procedures.
* Categorizes and identifies documents for imaging
* Handles returned mail for the Service Center and Premium Audit by routing to correct internal employees or by creating workflow for address changes
This description identifies the responsibilities typically associated with the performance of the job. The percentage of time in any responsibility may vary between positions. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
* High school Diploma, G. E. D required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR BDS II:
* One year general office or insurance experience, including six months experience exchanging information and answering basic inquiries over the phone.
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Ability to work effectively in a multi functional business unit.
* Ability to file accurately, alphabetically and numerically.
* Ability to be well organized and prioritize work.
* Ability to meet established deadlines.
* Basic knowledge of computers and ability to enter alpha/numeric data accurately.
* Ability to comprehend what is stated and implied in written material.
* Basic knowledge of the internet and browser applications
* Ability to lift or move overhead objects weighing up to 35 lb.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITIES OF BDS II:
* Ability to proofread documents for accuracy of spelling, grammar, punctuation and format.
* Basic knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND/OR ABILITIES PREFERRED OF BDS II:
* Experience monitoring the work and training others is preferred
* Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
REQUIRED TESTING BDS II:
* Basic Word, Basic Excel, and Proofreading