Temporary Employment to Hire
Accountable for digitizing paper documents by prepping, identifying, scanning, uploading and indexing the scanned images into an electronic database. Handles importing mail received in electronic format into electronic database. Primary contacts include other departmental personnel.
* Performs computer inquires for claims and/or policy numbers and verifies coverage.
* Identifies, opens, sorts, prepares, bundles, scans, and validates/verifies physical and electronic mail for all departments on a daily basis.
* Processes incoming faxes and identifies, sorts, bundles, scans, and validates/verifies fax messages whether physical or electronic.
* Works on special projects as assigned by leadership.
* Maintains scanning equipment in appropriate working order according to documented guidelines
* High school diploma, G. E. D.
* Minimum six months general office experience required.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) PREFERRED:
* Ability to file alphabetically and numerically and organize by document type.
* Ability to be well organized and maintain an organized work environment.
* Ability to identify documents.
* Basic knowledge of computers.
* Ability to enter alpha/numeric data accurately & timely.
* Ability to verify numbers accurately.
* Ability to lift or move objects weighing up to 35 lbs or more repeatedly.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and document security.
* Ability to multi task.
* Ability to follow established procedures.
* Ability to manage time.
* Ability to use a ten-key pad.
* Ability to work with others.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Work typically involves sitting at a desk for extended periods of time with extensive document handling, both physical and electronically.