DK Security is Michigan’s fastest growing security company. Established in 1995, we began as an investigations firm and quickly expanded to provide uniform security, event staff security, loss prevention services, and much more based on the needs of our clients.
DK Security can provide you an opportunity to grow, develop and meet new people in a professional setting. We offer you the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere of working on a team in a position that serves a critical purpose.
DK has earned a reputable name in the security industry thanks to our outstanding officers that work in the field, and we cannot wait to have you join our team!
LOCATION: Kentwood, MI
TITLE: Uniform Security Officer
- Rate of Pay: $13.50 to 15.50 HR
- Benefits for part-time employees include: Dental, Vision, Term/Whole Life, and On & Off The Job Accident, and paid medical leave.
3rd Shift: 11 PM - 7 AM open availability
2nd Shift: 3 PM - 11 PM open availability
Additional shift times and days are available.
16-32+ hours per week
SCOPE: Security Officers are responsible for furthering the mission of the Security Department by monitoring multiple security and life safety systems and directing security operations. Objectives include protecting the client’s buildings, grounds, assets, employees, and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, fires and natural disasters, as well as providing world class customer service.
- Will work in a Uniform, Billable capacity 16-32+ hours per week.
- Must be able to provide world class customer service when dealing with clients employees, visitors, VIPs and vendors.
- Monitor access control and video monitoring systems to ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Dispatch Security Officers to investigate security and life safety related events.
- Monitor life safety systems for fire, hazmat or other emergencies.
- Monitor building equipment to mitigate operational risk to the client.
- Conduct interior and exterior building tours to ensure doors and windows to the building are secure and building equipment is functioning properly (includes climbing stairs).
- Conduct surveillance of suspicious persons, packages and activities.
- Coordinate and direct security response to medical, hazmat, fire and other emergencies. This includes contacting police, fire, EMS and other public/private agencies in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to follow security protocols and procedures with absolute accuracy and precision.
- Complete highly details daily shift logs and incident.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have either a high school diploma or GED equivalent (some college is preferred).
- Must be of good moral character and have the ability to pass a criminal background check, with no felony convictions, and no misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, illegal substances, multiple alcohol related offenses, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test at the time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must have impeccable grooming (i.e. ability to adhere to our Appearance and Grooming policy).
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in use of computers/technology; specifically Microsoft office products, internet, and email. Ability to quickly learn and utilize security specific and company specific software programs.
- Prior experience with CCTV and access control systems is preferred.
- Must possess good discretionary judgment in the application of policy and procedure.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to various locations.
- Must have a clean driving record with less than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years, less than 2 at-fault accidents in the last 3 years, and no other major violations in the last 3 years.
- Must be willing to become CPR/1st Aide/AED Certified (prior certification is preferred).
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically and mentally sound
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for 8-12 hour shifts, including walking long distances, and possibly up and down stairs
- Must be readily able to respond to emergency situations
- Must be able to work in or outdoors during all seasons
- Must be able to hear conversations (in person or via 2-way radio) in noisy environments.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have flexible availability and willingness to work on short notice.
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK Security’s job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.
M/F EEO/AA Employer