Women of Color and DTE are partnering together to help change the future.
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 different states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for consecutive years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed’s annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
* Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
External Pre-Hire Assessment Required: Associate Pre-Hire Assessment
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Please note that this is a Multi-Term student program. Students applying to this posting are indicating they are available to work two or more terms prior to graduation (i.e. Winter, Summer and/or Fall). Individuals applying to this posting, who can only work Summer, will not be considered.
DTE's popular Co-op Program is accepting applications for students interested in working for DTE during 2018. In order to make the application process easier, we have streamlined all jobs, in Southeast Michigan, to this posting. If you want to get professional experience, preferably in a field of your study, all you need to do is apply to this posting - regardless of your major.
During the application process you will be asked a series of questions. These questions will be used to best match your interests and background to one of our hundreds of opportunities. Our goal is to match you with an opportunity that will help enhance your education. Please make sure to answer all the questions, so we can make the best match possible.
Students who meet program eligibility requirements will be sent an assessment. Applicants who pass the assessment, will be forwarded to recruiters. Recruiters will reach out to candidates, as matches are made, between now and the end of August.
Degrees typically hired by DTE for the Co-op program, include, but are not limited to: Engineering (all types), Science (all types), English, IT Related, Communications, Forestry, Business Admin/Mgt, Accounting/Finance, Math/Stats, Meterology, Forestry, GIS, Geography, Construction Mgt, Media Arts related, Human Resources, Marketing, Economics, Undeclared Majors, etc...
For more information on our program, please visit the Student Employment section on our career webpage.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to participate in the program.
- Graduate seniors, from high school, who will be attending college in the Fall 2018 term, are eligible to participate, if they meet age requirements.
- All students must be, at least, 18 years of age by the time they start working to be eligible.
- Have a 2.5 minimum, cumulative GPA.
- College students will be asked to provide an official transcript as proof of eligibility prior to receiving an offer letter of employment. High School Seniors will be asked to provide a college acceptance letter prior to receiving an offer letter of employment.
- Some positions will require driving. Those positions will require the student to have a valid driver's license, a reliable means of transportation and an acceptable driving record.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.