USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 6,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Responsible for training, motivating and maintaining a level of safety for all department employees to provide for an efficient operation consistent with overall company safety objectives
Directs the centralized control of maintenance activities utilizing best practices to prevent mechanical and electrical down-time for all paper mill equipment, mobile equipment, operations supporting equipment and facilities to maintain operations in good operating order
Responsible for the coordination and implementation of all safety programs in the department as well as be a training facilitator for various model programs. Responsible for safety, quality and cost goal achievement. Responsible for insuring compliance with the USG Reliability Performance Model
Supervises 23 employees including direct reports, consisting of Reliability Foreman, Electrical Foreman, Maintenance Planner, and Storeroom Supervisor.
Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of various major maintenance and capital improvement plant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and prior Reliability experience is preferred.
- Strong leadership, communication (verbal and written), decision making and employee relations skills within a diverse workforce environment. Motivated self-starter with a high level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage multiple projects.
- Must have demonstrated abilities to operate within a planned budget and manage cost within established goals.
- Knowledgeable of safety compliance programs. This role will entail strong emphasis on safety, quality and housekeeping.
- Basic knowledge of predictive maintenance best practices and technologies utilized to monitor condition of equipment. Basic understanding of Root Cause Failure Analysis and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis to evaluate equipment failures and optimize preventative maintenance practices. /EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Maintenance Manager
Requisition ID: OTS10105
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.