The primary function of this position is to create and schedule shelter methods of manufacturing (MOM) by applying knowledge of product design, complexity of fabrication, materials, and machine capabilities. This position is responsible for ensuring the optimal path for manufacturing jobs on the shop floor, while coordinating with Design, Production, and Purchasing to update methods to achieve customer and company expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create method of manufacturing (MOM) for production jobs
- Assign resource requirements and times
- Coordinate with drafting and the shop floor for any changes to design of MOM’s
- Review part prints for accuracy
- Monitor estimated times for accuracy
- Review MOMs for accuracy
- Work with Purchasing to ensure materials are available to support resource schedule
- Set Resource level production schedules in coordination with shop team leads
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, supply chain management, or similar field of study
- 2+ years of experience in similar role in steel fabrication and/or manufacturing setting
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Demonstrated proficiency using EPICOR ERP or similar systems
- CAD proficiency
- Technical capacity
- Problem solving/analysis
- Communication proficiency
- Able to work with minimal supervision and in team settings
- Strong computer skills
- Experience and/or training in ERP systems
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Holiday's, 401 (k), STD and LTD, Life Insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Porter Corp., a PlayCore company, considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.