Youth Care Specialists at Youth Opportunity Investments (YOI) work with juvenile justice-involved youth, and youth with abuse/neglect history. Youth Care Specialists provide direct supervision of youth and ensures their safety and security. Youth Care Specialists guide youth through a full day of structured and scheduled activities while documenting the youth's progress in their treatment program. Youth Care Specialists provide protection, correction, redirection, intervention, and positive encouragement to the youth.
- Responsible for an assigned small group of youth and work closely with that group in all daily activities including school, therapy, recreation and leisure time.
- Report directly to the shift Supervisor
- Demonstrate the ability to operate in a professional manner with regard to confidentiality, cooperation, and competence.
- Direct supervision of all youth. Provide a "line of sight" on all youth during awake hours, and complete bed checks and supervision as trained during sleeping hours.
- Ensure that any youth's misbehavior or disrespect is dealt with according to prescribed guidelines and procedures.
- Assure all youth complete daily chores, and all units are clean and organized.
- Work cooperatively with other YOI staff in aspects of the care, treatment, and supervision of the youth.
- Direct and supervise a complete structured schedule prepared for YOI, which promotes the mental, physical, and emotional health of each youth.
- Provide crisis de-escalation and intervention (when needed), to assist youth to regain self-control.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings as required by supervisory staff and participate in a regularly scheduled in-service training program.
- Provide a good moral and ethical example for youth to model their behavior.
- Assist in responding to a crisis that may occur with other youth.
- Follow mandatory "15-Minute Visual Check Policy" by documenting youth's whereabouts and behavior in random increments not exceeding 15-minutes.
- All other related duties as assigned by the Shift Supervisor
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- 401K with a 4% company match
- Gas Driving Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Time Off(PTO)