Job Title: Die Setter
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Manufacturing Manager Date Approved: 11-1-15
JOB SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, ensures the mold changes are preformed safely and efficiently.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for following the Daily Production Schedule; changes, priorities, & requirements.
- Must complete the over head crane training.
- Responsible for following all safety procedures.
- Must complete lock out tag out training.
- Complete the Die Setter time log daily & turn in at shifts end.
- Communicate with Material handlers, Cell technicians, & Auditors on floor changes.
- Ensure molds are set in presses according to setup work instructions, setup sheets, and in a timely manner.
- Ensure work cell setup for accuracy before job start.
- Maintain all die setting equipment (tool rack, die cart, hoses, nozzle extensions, etc) are clean and usable at all times.
- Keep all machines and auxiliary equipment clean & organized.
- Ensure that the tool in & out log is kept current daily.
- All molds are stored & logged in the proper locations.
- Covering absences, vacations, & times when additional assistance is needed.
- Must attend all scheduled shift meetings.
- Advise the Lead Supervisor or inspector of any non-conforming issue related to your specific task.
- Must be pro-active in their job duties.
MINIMUM LEVEL OF EDUCATIONAL & TRAINING:
? A minimum of two to four years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
? Preferred ability to troubleshoot & injection molding equipment and molds with the ISHAKAWA discipline.
MINIMUM LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
? Excellent oral and written communication skills.
? Analytical skills
? Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving.
? Soft skills required to develop and train TTI associates
? Must be able to operate a Hi/Lo safely.
? Required to participate in 8D, ISO/TS 16949, or other team building meetings
? Follow all applicable ISO/TS 16949 Documents and procedures.