Shipping/Receiving Supervisor - 065491
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Shipping/Receiving Supervisor to join our team in Milan, MI. The Shipping/Receiving Supervisor will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Milan, MI shipping/receiving and warehouse area. Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to: planning, assigning, finished goods inventory, and directing the loading/receiving crews, working with and traveling to offsite customers and vendors. This role will work with other departments in efforts to identify improvement opportunities and solutions.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Supervise and provide leadership to shipping/receiving operations and assigned department employees on three shifts.
* Plan and direct all shipping on a daily basis while ensuring accuracy of shipping documents
* Communicate closely with production and scheduling teams to ensure timely shipment of all product.
* Ensure incoming items/materials are unloaded based upon schedule and in a timely manner
* Communicate to those needed of items/materials arrived
* Work alongside other leaders such as the Quality Manager to resolve such issues as quality complaints. May require travel to customer/vendor locations and/or phone or onsite meetings with customers/vendors.
* Prepare all necessary paperwork for shipments.
* Ensures timely shipping schedules are met
* Maintaining safe work environment and insure compliance with all safety practices in all business initiatives.
* Assist in transportation management, ensuring that all outbound shipments are timely and meet customer orders.
* Provide coaching, timely feedback and direction to team members
* Supervision of a three-shift operation with responsibility in training, coaching and accountability for hourly employees.
* Exchange information regularly with managers, supervisors, employees, and contract carrier.
* Ability to negotiate freight rates and work with motor carriers.
* Work with on-site and off-site contract carrier to ensure on-time deliveries.
* Active involvement in daily production meetings.
* Exhibit strong problem solving, decision making and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/ orientation/gender identity