JOB REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Construction Management, Architecture, or Civil or Structural Engineering plus two years of experience as a project manager, estimator, engineer, or a closely related occupation, including:
- utilizing construction principles, strategies, and the ability to identify critical path
- utilizing project management principles and strategies
- leading a team
- reading prints
- building basic schedules in MS Projects
- drafting bid scopes/front end packages
- demonstrating proficiency in take-offs
- participating in the bidding process
- managing schedules and updating tasks as assigned
- processing, reviewing, and tracking submittals and RFIs
- utilizing Microsoft Office suite and internet research tools
- demonstrating safety in carrying out all responsibilities
- demonstrating a pleasant and confident demeanor when dealing with colleagues and owners/clients
- providing excellent customer service
- demonstrating strong oral and written communication and listening skills
- demonstrating financial acumen
- working effectively with people of diverse backgrounds
And including one year of experience:
- Providing project leadership and management for commercial and residential construction projects,
- Leading construction projects from design through closeout
- managing complex relationships including owner/client, architect, subcontractors, consultants, and superintendents.
- managing construction processes including conceptual to final estimating, development of design and construction documents, buy-out, schedule management, contract/budget management, and closeout.
- creating, issuing, processing, reviewing, and tracking subcontract and change orders.
- managing the punch list process
Must have valid driver’s license. Must be able to travel 20% of time from Grand Rapids to various unanticipated worksites throughout Michigan. Experience may be gained concurrently. Foreign equivalent degrees are acceptable.