Design Engineers apply engineering theories and real-world experience to design industrial ergonomic systems and material handling equipment. This role requires a working knowledge of mechanical principles and an understanding of 3D models, layout drawings, and engineering specifications. Design Engineers require the ability to work independently and at times manage projects from start to finish. In dealing with customers, our goal is not to meet expectations. Our goal is to exceed expectations and ensure our customers receive an exceptional experience at Eckhart.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete 3-D designs and assemblies for a variety of industrial tooling and material handling systems
- Analyze as-built tool design information and prepare design update plans
- Create field sketches and layouts
- Schedule activities to complete assigned tasks and projects, communicate and document requisite information per established Eckhart policies and procedures
- Understand customer needs, apply technical knowledge to identify process requirements, recommend and implement custom engineered solutions
- Demonstrate Engineering professionalism in all activities and provide efficient service to customers
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be professional, proactive, and positive. Having a passion for exceptional customer service and support is a must. Being sensitive to the unpredictable demands and uncertainties associated with customer service is a requisite to delivering superior results and exceeding the expectations of very demanding customers.
- We prefer candidates with previous mechanical 3D solid modeling experience, but are also interesting in training and developing recent graduates from a design-related program.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following platforms: Unigraphics/NX, Solidworks, Catia, Inventor, ProE.
- Must have basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to prioritize and work with limited supervision.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to remain flexible to changing schedules and demands.