Minimum qualifications required for this position include:
- Excellent professional administrative skills desired
- A minimum of one (1) year experience working with customers or clients, preferably in a placement, educational, human service, or career development capacity.
- High school diploma or GED required; additional education in a related field preferred, but not required.
- Ability to articulate thoughts clearly, both written and verbally, with proper grammar, punctuation and to apply language rules.
- Ability to present program information to job seekers, community agencies, and employers.
- Ability to apply techniques used in resume and cover letter writing and effectively guide customers in the process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professional, friendly relationships with all visitors to the Michigan Works! Service Centers, including job seekers, partner staff, employers, program administrators and monitors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and various Internet and job search applications.
- Home base location will be assigned. Candidates must be able to work at any of six Detroit locations, as needed.
- Candidate bilingual in Spanish/English encouraged to apply for part-time position at Michigan Avenue/Wyoming location
Full-time hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Part-time hours: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.