Motorized Window Covering/Shade Designer
Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins’ workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
The Motorized Window Covering/Shade Designer works side by side with our customers to design, specify and quote motorized shading solutions. This position works directly with all clientele in their home to provide award-winning customer service, leaving a positive impression of Bekins with the customer, contractor and any other workers on the project. This position will be located at our Coopersville warehouse and office space, but will travel to the two store locations in Grand Haven and Grand Rapids, as needed.
- Design window covering solutions
- Understanding of all aspects of motorized window coverings
- Produce accurate proposals
- Work with and educate customers to assist with selecting appropriate shading solutions for the customer’s needs including colors and fabric
- Learn and keep current on product lines
- Learn and keep current on technology required for the position
- Consistently under promise and over deliver
- Train customers on equipment after installation
- Prior knowledge of window treatments a plus
- Communicate clearly, appropriately, and concisely in verbal and written formats
- Interior design experience a plus
- Technologically savvy
- Accurate, detailed and organized
- A sense of urgency for customers and team members
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, , national origin, age, disability or genetics.