Shipping/Receiving Supervisor - 065157
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor - Milan, MI
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Shipping/Receiving Supervisor to join our team in Milan, MI. The Shipping/Receiving Supervisor will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Milan, MI shipping/receiving and warehouse area. Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to: planning, assigning, finished goods inventory, and directing the loading/receiving crews, working with and traveling to offsite customers and vendors. This role will work with other departments in efforts to identify improvement opportunities and solutions.
To learn more about the GP Corrugated Business, check out these videos/links:
Georgia-Pacific: How Corrugated Boxes are Made
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Supervise and provide leadership to shipping/receiving operations and assigned department employees on three shifts.
* Plan and direct all shipping on a daily basis while ensuring accuracy of shipping documents
* Communicate closely with production and scheduling teams to ensure timely shipment of all product.
* Ensure incoming items/materials are unloaded based upon schedule and in a timely manner
* Communicate to those needed of items/materials arrived
* Work alongside other leaders such as the Quality Manager to resolve such issues as quality complaints. May require travel to customer/vendor locations and/or phone or onsite meetings with customers/vendors.
* Prepare all necessary paperwork for shipments.
* Ensures timely shipping schedules are met
* Maintaining safe work environment and insure compliance with all safety practices in all business initiatives.
* Assist in transportation management, ensuring that all outbound shipments are timely and meet customer orders.
* Provide coaching, timely feedback and direction to team members
* Supervision of a three-shift operation with responsibility in training, coaching and accountability for hourly employees.
* Exchange information regularly with managers, supervisors, employees, and contract carrier.
* Ability to negotiate freight rates and work with motor carriers.
* Work with on-site and off-site contract carrier to ensure on-time deliveries.
* Active involvement in daily production meetings.
* Exhibit strong problem solving, decision making and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/ orientation/gender identity