The Rail Logistics Analyst verifies and maintains records on rail shipments for ZFS and its affiliates. This employee will be responsible for accurate recording and reporting procedures of all business transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage, ship and track ethanol railcars maximizing their efficiency in transportation of ethanol from production facilities to customers.
- Management of new contracts and price information including monitoring contract balances.
- Manages the railcar turn times when delivering to warehouse, transloads and terminal destinations.
- Plans the logistics and operations of the company’s railcar fleet.
- Manages railcar leases.
- Negotiates master railcar terms and freight rates.
- Manages the fleet maintenance.
- Manages the company rail fleet utilizing Ship Express and GMS.
- Coordinates rail shipments with plant planning schedules.
- Helps in the management of transloads.
- Approve freight bills and brokerage invoices.
- Extract system data and organize information into management reports.
- Assist, support and audit the settlement process.
- Support management with planning initiatives through analyses, reports and recommendations.
- Assist with creating and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Actively promote company vision, mission, and values with team members, outside vendors, and customers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher education establishment is required, three years of logistics, supply chain procurement or forecasting or equivalent combination of education and experience. Financial systems experience strongly recommended.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision. Ability to find information or answers to problems or challenges when needed. Good communication skills and the professionalism to meet committed project deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Excel with the ability and willingness to learn new software applications. Proficient with MS Outlook, MS Word, Internet Explorer, and RIN specific software. Previous experience with ERP software including SAP, JDE, Dynamics or IRely strongly desired.
Supporting a drug free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, , orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.”