Part Time A (28-37.49 hours per week)
Assists in the assessment and monitoring of resident’s condition and therapeutic needs. Transports and prepares residents for therapy sessions. Administers physical therapy treatments and conducts therapy sessions to provide for the rehabilitation, safety and comfort to assure that the resident is functioning at their highest level of independence. Fills in on floor as CNA as needed.
1.Instruct, motivate, safeguard, and assist residents with physical, occupational and speech therapy treatments
2. Perform restorative care measures and techniques as ordered.
3. Observe patients during treatments to compile and evaluate data on their responses and progress and provide results to restorative nurse.
4. Confer with restorative nurse or others to discuss and evaluate resident information for planning, modifying, or coordinating of individualized care plans.
5. Transport patients to and from treatment areas, lifting and transferring them according to positioning requirements.
6. Secure patients into or onto therapy equipment.
7. Monitor operation of equipment and record use of equipment and administration of treatment. Inspect restorative equipment to ensure items are properly working.
8. Train residents in the use of therapy devices and equipment.
9. Clean work area and check and store equipment after treatment.
10. Attend continuing education courses, seminars, or in-service activities.
11. Perform clerical duties, such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, or filling out forms.
12. Complete restorative dining duties including but not limited to: • Transporting to and from dining room Feeding • Charting • Weighing the resident daily, weekly, or monthly as ordered • Follow guidelines established by speech therapy
13. Inspect alarms daily to ensure alarms are in working order. Check eyeballs in bathrooms to assure accuracy with order and care plan.
14. Asses inventory of restorative equipment and supplies and report needs to restorative nurse.
15. Label equipment to indicate ownership as resident or Village.
16. Assess residents for brief size upon admission. Submit brief orders to person responsible for supply ordering. Pass out briefs to residents rooms weekly.
17. Conduct in-services on alarms, transfers, mechanical lifts, and other safety issues to CNAs and Nursing Students.
18. Report to billing department weekly use of equipment by each resident (i.e. wheelchair or Geri chair use).
Must hold and maintain a current Michigan Certified Nursing Assistant license.