SUMMARY: The incumbent ensures furnaces, launder systems, and crucibles are functioning correctly within operating parameters to meet the customer’s quality requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Ensure furnaces, launder systems and crucibles are functioning within operating parameters correctly to meet the customer’s quality requirements.
- Consistently load specified metal into furnace using a Hi-Lo to maintain proper chemistry and cleanliness of the system.
- Utilize a spectrometer and other analytical methods to ensure that metal meets alloy and quality requirements of the customer.
- Skim dross from surface of molten metal. Clean furnaces and equipment as directed.
- Ensure production equipment is properly receiving molten metal to produce castings.
- Observe machines and equipment for malfunction and make adjustments or repairs as directed to ensure that the equipment will operate safely and correctly at maximum efficiency, within operating parameters.
- Track and document process information accurately, as directed.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Maintain records of work accomplished and monitor metal temperatures.
- Provide coverage
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. These requirements are, however, subject to the discretion of the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read and understand work instructions
- Must be able to write and complete required paperwork
- Must have basic math skills - add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be team-oriented, able to problem-solve and troubleshoot
- Excellent attendance and safety record
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work in a hot environment and close proximity to hot furnaces and equipment
- Ability to work in tight congested areas
- Ability to meet requirements for wearing respirator
- Computer skills, Excel, Word
- Previous Melt experience is preferred
- Previous Spectrometer work is preferred
- Must be able to obtain a mobile equipment permit for the following equipment:
Fork Truck and or Overhead Crane as per MIOSHA and company guidelines and standards.
- Must pass additional background screening requirements if required to handle shipments of dross materials or other Hazardous Wastes
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Ability to work in conditions which may include seasonal hot and humid conditions, dust, noise and other elements for extended periods of time.