The Forensic Testing Analyst II is responsible for generating and interpreting data to meet client requirements (at EBOL, across the enterprise, and externally). The forensic testing laboratory utilizes multiple techniques ranging from light and electron microscopy, spectroscopic techniques (FTIR, EDS, etc.), and mass spectrometry to provide data and solve problems relevant to product quality investigations, manufacturing and facility continuous improvements, and general scientific understanding of Emergent products. The Analyst II is responsible for carrying out routine analyses independently and partnering with senior group members and management to generate data for non-routine testing. The Analyst II is also expected to assist with achieving project milestones and maintaining the laboratory in adherence with good laboratory practices.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generate routine data to meet customer needs
- Microbial sample handling
- MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry sample preparation and spectral acquisition
- Small sample isolation
- Light microscopy and dimensional analysis
- Scanning electron microscopy sample preparation and image acquisition
- Infrared spectroscopy sample preparation and spectral acquisition
- X-ray spectroscopy sample preparation and spectral acquisition
- Evaluate routine data to ensure that it is scientifically sound and accurate.
- Maintain quality data on controlled forms, in the Laboratory Information Management System, and in laboratory notebooks.
- Maintain laboratory equipment (maintenance, PM scheduling and completion).
- Maintain laboratory supply levels and ensure adherence to good laboratory practices.
- Maintain up-to-date training on new technologies and industry trends.
- Assist with execution of qualification/validation protocols.
- Author quality systems notifications (change control, CAPA, deviations) as necessary to facilitate a quality-compliant laboratory.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- B.S. Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or other related scientific field
- At least 2 years of experience within a scientific laboratory setting
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced and scientifically rigorous setting
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Customer-focused mentality and work ethic
- Strong initiative, organization, and ability to work independently
- Strong computer skills with MS Word, Excel, and Adobe
- Capable of using LIMS systems
- Capability to read and understand highly technical material in the fields of chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, and scientific instrumentation