Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assembles a variety of standard and non-standard major jigs, fixtures and related tooling.
• Ability to read and interpret 2D and 3D engineering blueprints – NX/Unigraphics.
• Ensures jigs function appropriately with complex angles or contours.
• Responsible for determining methods and sequence of operations and scheduling work to be performed from tool design drawings.
• May be required to verify accuracy and quality in accordance with established control procedures.
• Familiarity with lathes, grinders, drill presses, and manual Bridgeport.
• Basic working knowledge and fundamentals of hydraulic, and pneumatic systems a plus.
• Must be reliable and work well with others.
• Must be willing to learn and advance individual skills.
• Follow instructions given by supervisor quickly and efficiently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to travel 15% of the time to customers for installs.
• Required to have a valid driver’s license with no suspensions.
• Ability to obtain clearance to travel internationally (Canada).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to perform light physical activity. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings.
• Prefer experience reading and interpreting Unigraphics/NX blueprints.
• Working knowledge of personal computer, keyboard, and various software programs.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- • Strong interpersonal skills.
- • Good verbal and written skills.
- • Proven organizational skills.
- • Ability to prioritize and work with limited supervision.
- • Good presentation skills.
- • Ability to explain how and why specific conclusions were reached.
- • Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- • Ability to work well under pressure and to remain flexible to changing schedules and demands.
- • Must have own tools.