1) Bartlett Tree Experts is located at 900 Ken O Sha Ind Park Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49508, p616-245-9449.
2) 7 Ground Persons are needed for temporary, full-time employment.
3) 7 positions available for temporary full-time Ground Person to begin working April 1, 2023 and continue through December 1, 2023, working 40 hours standard day shift 8am to 4pm Monday thru Friday at $16.59 hourly or higher, with overtime offered regularly at $24.89 hourly or higher. No education or prior experience or training required; clear easy instructions are provided. Ground Person duties include ground-level pruning and trimming and hedging, all at ground level; also raking and digging and weeding and planting and watering; chipping; also applying protective mulch and fertilizer; also collecting and hauling out debris, and loading/unloading crew vehicles. Ground Persons observe for any shrub or hedge problems and inform crew leaders. The position is entry-level and non-agricultural. Ground Persons attend a daily Safety Briefing.
4) The geographic area of this job is Grand Rapids, Michigan with daily jobsites in multiple towns and cities in Kent County, Ottawa County, Montcalm County, and Barry County.
5) Bartlett Tree Experts provides daily transportation to and from job worksites; employees can be picked up at our Grand Rapids headquarters or at their homes, by crew vehicles, and all returned home same day. No other travel required.
6) Pay is at least $16.59 per hour.
7) Overtime is offered regularly at $24.89 at least.
8) No on-the-job training is necessary. Supervision and guidance and clear easy instructions are provided to Ground Persons directly on the job by skilled Crew Leaders. Ground Persons do not supervise any staff.
9) Bartlett Tree Experts uses a single workweek as its standard for computing wages due.
10) Employees will be paid each week on Friday. Payment is unconditionally free and clear.
11) Bartlett Tree Experts does not provide housing.
12) Bartlett Tree Experts will make all paycheck deductions required by law and only deductions required by law, such as income tax and social security; no other deductions are made from the worker's paycheck.
13) Bartlett Tree Experts will reimburse workers who complete 50 percent of the work period covered by this job order the cost of transportation and daily subsistence and lodging from the place from which the worker has come to work for the employer, whether in the U.S. or abroad to the place of employment.
14) Bartlett Tree Experts will provide or pay for the worker's cost of return transportation and daily subsistence from the place of employment to the place from which the worker, disregarding intervening employment, departed to work for the employer if the worker completes the employment period or is dismissed for any reason before the employment period ends. Where a worker must travel to obtain a visa so that the worker may enter the to come to work for Bartlett Tree Experts, the employer will pay for the transportation and subsistence costs of that part of travel too. The amount of transportation reimbursement will be equal to the most economical and reasonable common carrier for the distances involved. The amount of money that the worker will receive for daily subsistence will be at least $14.00 per day during travel to a maximum of $59.00 per day with receipts.
15) Workers will be reimbursed in the first workweek for all visa, visa processing, border crossing, and other related fees, including those mandated by the government (except passport fees).
16) Bartlett Tree Experts will provide workers at no charge or deposit all tools, supplies, and equipment required to perform the job.
17) Bartlett Tree Experts guarantees to offer work for hours equal to at least three-fourths of the workdays in each 12-week period of the total employment period.
18) Bartlett Tree Experts does not utilize any agent or recruiter for the recruitment of H-2B Workers under this application for temporary employment; the company performs the hiring itself.
19) Bartlett Tree Experts will first contact any US former employee who was let go or who left when the Ground Person peakload slowed at the end of the prior year.
20) Please inquire about the job opportunity or send applications and/or resumes, indicating availability, at West Michigan Works Service Center – Franklin, 121 Franklin SE Suite 120, Grand Rapids, MI 49507, p616-336-4040 Business@westmiworks.org , re: Job Reference Number: 59267 and also provided by job center. Job opportunity should be kept open at least until 4/15/2023.