Maintenance Supervisor (Veteran Program)
The Professional Maintenance Leader (PML) leads and directs skilled trades employees to meet the objectives of the maintenance department in a fast paced, high volume, unionized, manufacturing environment. The selected candidate will coordinate safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale initiatives. Drive through put improvements and coordinate professional maintenance and breakdown maintenance activities in conjunction with the Professional Maintenance Specialist (PMS). Provide coaching and mentoring to team members (both hourly and supervisory) regarding World Class Manufacturing techniques for problem solving and corrective action implementation.
Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following;
- Possess a general level of technical understanding related to maintenance, time based maintenance (TBM), condition based maintenance (CBM), and dynamic maintenance (DM).
- Influence the key performance indicators (KPI's), mean time between failure (MTBF) of components and equipment in their area, mean time to repair (MTTR), as well as maintaining equipment at basic conditions and continuous improvements of the equipment in their area.
- Address throughput, run to run, and downtime related issues with equipment in a production environment, supported by the Professional Maintenance Specialist (PMS).
- Direct supervision of the Skilled Trades.
- Work with Skilled Trades staff in driving waste reduction efforts through implementation of methods / processes of the World Class Manufacturing (WCM); Autonomous Maintenance (AM), Professional Maintenance (PM), Quality Maintenance (QM), Focus Improvement (FI) and People Development (PD).
- Actively participate and lead kaizen project activities centered on Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) improvements and waste reduction opportunities identified through cost deployment.
- VETERAN PURSUING A FOUR YEAR DEGREE
- Must possess a working knowledge of advanced technical problem solving tools
- Excellent communication skills with manufacturing plant personnel (written and verbal). Must be able to build effective business relationships with plant leadership and customers
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite software programs
- Ability to work any shift
- Familiar with World Class Manufacturing pillar methodology and implementation
- Green Belt/Red X/Six Sigma training preferred
- 5 years manufacturing experience
Applicable Military Jobs
Machinist Mate-MM, Machinist Mate (Nuclear)-MM, Machinist Mate Aux/Weapons-MMA/MMW, Electrical Technician-ET, Electrical Technician (Nuclear)-ET, Special Boat Operator-SB/SWCC, Gas Turbine Technician-GSE/GSM, Machine Repair-MR, Enginemen-EN, Damage Controlman-DN, Construction Mechanics-CM, Utilitiesman-UT, Construction Electricians-CE, Missle Technician-MT
3E0XX-Electrical Systems, 3E1XX-Heating, Ventilation, AC, Refrigeration, 3E6XX-Operations Management, 3E7XX-Fire Protection
Prime Power Production Specialist-12P, Computer/Detection Systems Repairer-94F, Combat Engineer-12B