Michigan Spine and Brain Surgeons is one of the leading neurosurgical and orthopedic spine practices in Michigan in terms of surgical volume, outcomes, and clinical research. Partnering with Providence Hospital and Michigan State University, the practice trains neurosurgery residents who must complete a rigorous set of research requirements before graduation. The practice therefore employs a set of assistants who work closely with the residents to aid their clinical research. While medical office or research experience is preferred, it is not required to apply!
Various job responsibilities of a research assistant may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting research in the form of patient interviews in order to collect pre- and post-surgical outcomes.
- Performing day-to-day management of the clinical research databases.
- Coordinating neurosurgical resident research projects including study logistics, IRB submission, data collection/management, data analysis, and manuscript or conference submissions.
Further description of the job is listed on application.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Ability to type proficiently with correct finger position (minimum 70 WPM - preferred)
- Prior working knowledge of electronic health records (EHR) software. Experience with eClinicalWorks is preferred.
- Familiarity with Windows operating system
- Proper use of grammar and punctuation in written English
- Interpersonal skills for communicating clearly and concisely
- Post-high school education, bachelors preferred with a GPA of at least 3.2
After a probation period, full-time employees will be eligible for:
- Medical insurance (employer-pay)
- Optional, reduced cost dental and vision insurance (employer-administer).
- Paid time off
- Paid sick time
- Contributions to 401K, profit sharing plan, and cash balance plan
- On-the-job experience
In order to be considered for a position, you must apply below.
Please copy and paste the URL below:
We look forward to processing your application!