This position is responsible for various shipping tasks in an adhesive manufacturing operation. This position generally works a schedule from 7:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday, with the opportunity for periodic overtime.
- Convey materials from storage or work sites to designated areas using hand truck or forklift or other devices.
- Label Products.
- Count, weigh, and verify order against Shipping Order.
- Assemble materials onto pallets.
- Wrap pallets for shipment.
- Load materials into vehicles for transportation.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Maintain a safe work area.
- Comply with Company's Policies and Procedures.
Specific Skills & Character Traits
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal.
- Detail oriented.
- Posses good organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible as customer's demands may change.
- Ability to operate powered industrial truck (forklift / HiLo).
- Ability to read digital scale.
- In performance of this job it is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds of material, boxes, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as reading handwritten and or typed material.
$13.00-$17.00 per hour starting wage depending upon qualifications and experience. Additional benefits include medical & dental insurance, short-term & long-term disability insurance, and the option to participate in a SIMPLE retirement plan with a company match. Uniforms can also be provided.
Honorably discharged veterans highly encouraged to apply.