Northwest Michigan Works! is seeking a dynamic, energetic individual to join our Apprenticeship Development Team! The Apprenticeship Specialist assists with planning and implementing Department of Labor registered apprenticeship programs and ensures the success of registered apprentices throughout the 10 county region of Northwest Lower Michigan.
If you are an innovative, creative professional who would enjoy a career in this progressive workforce development field, we would love to hear from you!
Responsibilities, Essential Duties and Functions:
- Develop and implement customized apprenticeship programs
- Maintain relationships with employers and apprentices
- Collaborate with education and training providers
- Conduct community outreach including public presentations
- Work closely with the Northwest Michigan Works! Business and Career Services Teams
- Identify and maximize funding sources
- Capture, manage and report data
- Frequent in-region day travel required
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Positive, professional approach and interactions
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google applications
- General knowledge of business practices
- Creative out of the box thinking
- Possession of valid driver's license and insurable to drive agency vehicles
This full time professional position is entitled to a generous and competitive fringe benefit package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Paid vacation and sick time, company paid retirement contribution, and use of agency vehicle.
Annual salary is $40,000