Crain\'s Detroit Business is seeking an experienced Account Executive to join our dynamic sales team.
Ideal for the self-motivated and driven sales professional who loves customized selling and a part-time work schedule. This role offers the opportunity to represent an established, respected yet evolving brand that business owners and agencies love. This is a fast moving role within the competitive media field. Our solutions include print, digital, event and customized sponsorships. This position will generate advertising revenue via new business and growing a current base of advertisers.
Come and grow with us in a collaborative environment that boasts a current book of business and uncapped commission structure.
* 5+ years of successful solutions based sales experience within a multi-platform / integrated media sales environment
* Proven ability to prospect and develop new business as well as manage and grow existing business
* Ability to anticipate customers' needs, find effective solutions and solve customer's problems
* Possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as outstanding presentation and listening skills
* Ability to achieve all sales goals through a focused and strategic approach to sales
* Detail oriented with the ability to manage all of the details of online campaigns accurately
* Solid knowledge and experience using research tools
* Ability to create programs and partner with customers as they grow their business
* Desire to grow within the organization
* Bachelor's degree
* Sales experience within a business to business environment
* Experience selling nationally but a midwest / Detroit area focus is preferred
* Custom content solutions background
* Salesforce experience
Since 1985, Crain's Detroit Business has served southeast Michigan's business influencers and decision makers with must-have news and information that can't be found anywhere else. Industry coverage includes health care, banking/finance, sports, manufacturing, government/public policy, technology, education, real estate, law, entrepreneurship, advertising/marketing, defense, services, retail, food, hospitality/tourism, life sciences, energy, and transportation.
Click HERE to visit us in our Detroit office.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can't get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
Follow Crain on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Employer's Job# DETRO01414
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.