Qualifications: Good computer and customer service skills, must have billing experience or knowledge of the subject through school, able to organize work and utilize time efficiently. Also must be available to work during Company hours of operation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Determine if medical documentation is appropriate for claims submission
2. Determine if what is to be billed is payable under insurance criteria. If not, route to appropriate area.
3. Code all appropriate billing documents when necessary before billing to insurance.
4. If claim is denied in error must perform claim review and status claim back to insurance.
If correctly denied, must route to next billing area.
5. Be of assistance to customers and service areas regarding reimbursement questions.
6. After training, must be proficient with Medstar billing system and Condor order entry system.
7. Must be able to check own work for accuracy before actual transmission of claims.
8. After training, must be able to use all computer reports generated for the purposes of billing and collection functions.
9. Continue education on insurance updates.
10. Any other duties as assigned by Billing Manager or Co-Director.