Beaver Aerospace & Defense, Inc. is a subsidiary of Phillips Service Industries, Inc. (PSI), a privately-held global manufacturing and services holdingcompany. We're committed to providing the absolute highest quality in all of our ballscrew and linear actuator products. Beaver Aerospace and Defense, Inc. is unique - the people, the tools, the investments in technology that make us the World's premier provider of precision ballscrews and actuators.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the mechanical design and analysis of electro-mechanical actuation systems and other components, including gear trains, rolling elements, ball screws, and supporting structure. The successful candidate will develop detailed designs for manufacturability, maintainability, and cost from concept through final production supporting a diverse client base and a variety of product delivery scenarios.
Provide engineering analysis and design guidance to develop system definition.
Produce documentation for design reviews to address customer and internal requirements.
Assist peer engineers in the development and execution of product designs that support the varied needs of multiple projects
Execute detailed drawings and associated lists for parts, assemblies and systems; update production documentation using established engineering change procedures
- Perform tolerance stack-ups and fits drawings, including analysis considering thermal effects of components
- Solve complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Use thermal modeling, stress analysis, static and dynamic analysis using classic engineering calculations
- Prepare system tolerance analysis and size mechanical components such as gears, roller beaerings, ball screws, and structures based on load, life and environmental requirements.
Required Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering
- 5+ years production-environment mechanical product design experience (actuation, transmissions, gear box, liner motion control, etc.), preferably in the aerospace industry
- Familiarity with a range of industry-standard part fabrication and finishing methods/technologies
- High level of proficiency with Pro-Engineer (Pro-E)
- Experience in a defined engineering process environment, including configuration control of schematics and models, use of approved parts list, design standards, and engineering change processes
- Requires experience in System Transient Analysis for mechnical systems to assess system performance.
- Experience in Stress Analysis and Static and Dynamic Analysis using classic engineering calculations in Aerospace, Military or Commerical Applications
- Knowledge in application of control systems and GD&T, including tolerance analysis is a plus.
- Experience and high degree of familiarity with ASME Y14.100, GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994, and commercial and government general drafting/drawing production standards
Additional Skills & Experiences:
- Experience in Aerospace, specifically FAA standards
- Preparation of data for PDR, CDR presentations
- Experience with review of completed drawings to insure conformance to design requirements and standards
- Familiarity with MathCAD, FEA/Fatigue Analysis, FMEA and MTBF
As a federal contractor and defense industry supplier, Beaver Aerospace & Defense Inc. is required to comply with various governmental regulations including ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) and EAR (Export Administration Regulations).
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply via the following link: https://jobs-psi-online.icims.com
Learn about us at: www.beaver-online.com