Title: Cable Installation Technician
Compensation: Production Pay/Hourly
Days: Varying 5-6 day work schedule
Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Immediate Hiring --- Multiple openings for:
Mt Pleasant, Midland, Bay City, Saginaw Servicing Area
Performing cable television, high speed data and or digital telephone service installations.
We are seeking highly motivated employees to install residential Cable TV, High Speed Data and Telephone. Experienced Triple Play installers ”Don’t Wait APPLY NOW “ NO Experience we’ll provide you State of the Art Training while learning a valuable trade! We are waiting on you!!!
This position is responsible for the following tasks:
- Provides the subscriber with the best service, and promotes a good relationship between the subscriber and the local cable company. Must convey a positive and professional appearance and demeanor when communicating the company’s products and services to the subscriber
- To install new service, trouble shoot, diagnose, repair or replace subscriber’s existing equipment as needed. This may include hanging new drops, setting up the subscribers residential data network including network devices, setting up subscriber email service, installing digital phone, installation of digital and HD services. Before the call is finished, the subscriber must be educated on all provided service.
- Works closely with the Dispatch and Project Managers for assignment of work load such as trouble calls and service orders.
- Recording signal levels, daily times, function codes and any additional system specific required documentation
- Operate vehicle, hand tools, power tools, ladders, signal level meters, volt meters, converters, cable locators, leakage detection devices, other test equipment
- Completes required paperwork, timesheets, daily service orders, vehicle inspection, logs, noting any problems requiring attention of other staff members. These reports must be submitted timely
- Maintains a clean and organized company vehicle/ equipment. To carry out all work efficiently and in the safest possible manner. Safety is a prime directive of all employees
- Assists other Team personnel in the performance of their duties when requested to promote a Team approach to problem solving environment. May perform other duties not listed
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Wages-- all hours worked over 40 are paid at time and a half.
- Paid Training
- Company supplied vehicle
- Company supplied tools (not including technician hand tools)
- Company supplied uniforms
- Medical/Dental/ Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement program with company contribution
Skills and Knowledge:
- High School diploma/GED .
- Highly motivated individual, with proven record of high productivity.
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously, with a positive attitude.
- Technical knowledge such as computer skills is a plus.
- Previous service contact helpful to develop good communication skills.
- Successful completion of training and/or telecommunications certification programs is a plus.
- Work outside in all types of weather.
- Must be able to lift, handle, and carry 80-pound, 28 foot extension ladder and meet ladder safety requirements. Standard heavy duty ladder body weight restrictions is 275 pounds, extra heavy duty ladder body weight restrictions 350 pounds
- Must be able to work at heights of 3-28 ft.
- Must be able to bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb, and lift throughout each day.
- Must be able to work in tight spaces, such as attics and crawl spaces
Miscellaneous Skills / Considerations:
- Must have a current, valid, unrestricted driver’s license and meet Broadband Express driving criteria guidelines.
- Must be able to pass a background check, per company policy.
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be a team player.
If interested, send your resume or contact Bill Cline, Director of Operations Operation or Tom Maude, Project Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org