Disher Design & Development is a full-service product development and engineering services firm in Zeeland, Michigan. Our engineering team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development, as well as in Talent identification and attraction.
We are currently partnering with a growing West Michigan Company in their search for a fulltime, direct hire PLANT MANAGER. In this role you will plan, analyze, direct and coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, safety, and delivery specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university.
- Minimum of five (5) years related industry experience; including the supervision of others during this time.
- Solid experience working with Corrugated is an absolute must!
- In-depth knowledge of the corrugated industry, lean manufacturing, inventory control and supervisory principles.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Amtech / Imaginera software.
- Able to lead manufacturing production team leaders.
- Able to lead safety meetings and plant initiatives.
- Participate as a member of the Management Team.
- Review production schedules to make decisions concerning on time delivery, quality, inventory, staffing requirements, work procedures, and maintenance issues.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement techniques to reduce department costs, enhance quality, while reducing safety issues and/or incident/severity rates.
- Coordinate work with support functions to establish and maintain stable production schedules, labor requirements, material flow, safety, quality, and delivery.
- Coordinate implementation of preventative maintenance procedures and facility maintenance.
- Institute employee involvement/suggestion programs.
- Candidates should be a self-starter and have good organizational skills.
- The outstanding engineer should have the ability to implement with minimal direction, as well as consult with customers on their worksite.
- Candidates must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States of America for any employer without restrictions or expirations.
If interested, please apply and attach resume at the following link: http://disherdesign.catsone.com/careers